If you need an accommodation for a disability, a translator, or a sign language interpreter, you must submit a written request to the agency to which you made your request for hearing or filed your application, or to the agency issuing the complaint, well in advance of the hearing, if possible.  Be as specific as you can about the accommodation you require.  A copy of this request should also be sent to the ALJ assigned to your case.  It is not permissible to bring a friend or relative to interpret for you.  Hearings will be held at accessible locations. 

ADA logo